I trust that by now everyone has heard the 2 lead tracks off the forthcoming Begin to Hope
over on Regina's MySpace page
. For the record:
- I think they TOTALLY FUCKING ROCK! Yeah!
- If you don't like them, I think you're crazy. Or just afraid of change.
- But I'm pretty confident you'll like them eventually, once the shock of dissimilarity wears off.
- Unless you're stubborn. Or just crazy.
- But no matter what, we'll still be friends. Yeah!
Moving right along, here's a set from December 2003 in New York--a homecoming show of sorts after the Strokes/Kings of Leon tours, and also a stopover before playing New Year's Eve in Las Vegas with those same folks. The space was packed to fire-hazard level, as seemingly everyone was there, including the aforementioned Strokes (you'll hear a bit of banter between Regina and J. Casablancas on track 5), and Regina busted out a bunch of new stuff for the occasion (although by now it's nothing you haven't heard a thousand times already, I'm sure).
29 December 2003, The Living Room, New York
"a cooler version"
Time Is All Around
Dance Anthem of the 80s
Ode to Divorce
Consequence of Sounds